KIRKLAND, Washington (January 6, 2023) – Last year was a tale of two housing markets, suggested broker Dean Rebhuhn in commenting on the latest statistics from Northwest Multiple Listing Service.
- In the first half of the year, we had low interest rates, rising prices, and little inventory
- The second half of the year brought increasing interest rates, some lowering of prices, and increasing inventory
- The local housing market in 2022 ended with a whimper rather than a bang
- Overall, the housing market is going to continue falling off the artificial ‘sugar high’ that was a function of the artificially low mortgage rates during the pandemic
- Gardner, the Windermere economist, expects prices will