Construction to begin on Aug. 26
As we shared earlier this month, construction on the Issaquah-Fall City Road project is expected to begin today, Monday, Aug. 26, and last for about two years. Work over the next couple weeks will be limited and is expected to have little impact on traffic conditions in the area. We will continue to provide regular updates as additional construction activities are scheduled.
SE Issaquah-Fall City Road will remain open throughout construction, except during the 8-month closure between 247th Pl SE and Klahanie Dr SE during bridge construction. Traffic control and flaggers will be present to direct traffic through the work area. Expect some potential delays, noise, dust, and vibration during construction, as well construction truck traffic.
We expect the roadway closure for bridge construction to begin as soon as March 2020. The closure is anticipated to last for approximately 8 months. During this time, SE Issaquah-Fall City Road will be closed between 247th Place SE and Klahanie Drive SE. The official marked detour will be Issaquah-Pine Lake Road SE and SE 32nd Street/SE Issaquah-Beaver Lake Road (see map below). Klahanie Drive SE will remain accessible from the east, west, and north.
Several traffic management strategies will be in place prior to the roadway closure to improve safety for users during construction (see map below). These management strategies include:
- Temporary roundabout at the intersection of 256th Ave SE and SE Issaquah-Beaver Lake Rd
- Temporary traffic circle at the intersection of 247th Pl SE and SE 45th Way
- Extending the curb farther into the street at the SE Klahanie Blvd and 244th Pl SE intersection and the SE Klahanie Blvd and Klahanie Park intersection to slow traffic
The City will be closely monitoring traffic conditions along the detour route and in surrounding neighborhoods during construction. We will implement additional strategies, as needed, to manage traffic and construction impacts.
There are many ways to stay informed during construction:
- We’ll regularly update our project website to share information throughout construction
- Sign up for construction email updates on the project website
- There will be variable message signs posted to share information with travelers as the project is being built
- We’ll offer briefings with community organizations and stakeholders about project progress, updates, and milestones
PRIME Marketing is our exclusive, full-service marketing system that is designed to sell your property in any real estate market for just a 1% listing fee*.
We use the latest technologies to create a worldwide marketing campaign for your property. Then we follow it up with strong negotiating and taking care of the details all the way to closing day.